Donate to San Diego Mountain Biking Association!
Help SDMBA Climb to New Heights!
The San Diego Mountain Biking Association needs your partnership as we CLIMB together to new heights! SDMBA is experiencing amazing growth, increased political influence and strong visibility within our community. But without your help, trails will continue to be closed and access to open space for cyclists will be limited.
SDMBA invites you to join in our efforts with a donation – 100% stays in San Diego. Your generous donation will support cycling programs, community events, and will allow us to acquire tools, equipment, and materials to build and maintain trails. In addition, your support provides resources for our staff and our volunteer trail experts to partner with user groups, land managers, and policy makers to improve access and your trail experience.
Some recent accomplishments:
- New Trail! In the past two years, our volunteers have completed 4 miles of new trail at Black Mountain (Manzanita Loop completed in February 2017), 3 miles at Cuyamaca Rancho State Park, and .5 miles on Del Mar Mesa which has improved connectivity to adjacent trail systems. New access was authorized for cyclists on 5 miles of trail in the Tijuana River Valley and 4.5 miles at Del Mar Mesa.
- Membership – SDMBA now has over 1100 members, the second largest IMBA chapter in the country. Strong membership gives us tremendous political leverage.
- Executive Director – In August, 2016 we hired an Executive Director and the SDMBA Board has just approved moving this position to full time. The turning point for nonprofits is paid staff.
- Volunteers! Organized over 30 trail work days last trail season, with 280+ volunteers logging 2700+ hours.
- Bike Tool Stations! 6 stations have been installed around town thanks to a grant from REI. Locations include San Dieguito River Park, Black Mountain (2), Mission Trails Regional Park, Penasquitos Canyon Preserve, Daley Ranch, and soon at Sweetwater Reservoir.
- Grants! Received a $15,000 REI Grant to continue work at Black Mountain in 2016-17. Earlier grants are being used for Bike Work Stations around the county and other initiatives.
- Develop a Plan! With a $5,000 grant from from the National Environmental Education Foundation, SDMBA will soon release a public plan outlining goals for our community!
- Connecting with the Community! In addition to our premier 2016 Archipelago Ride (80 volunteers and 225 riders) we had over 70 community events (rides, social events, and trail work days) this past year!
Goals for 2017 and beyond:
- Building more new trail at Black Mountain and developing work plans for other projects and maintenance. Work days at Black Mountain continuing into 2017
- Progress on the Stowe Trail continues with a work day planned for March 4, 2017 in partnership with the Marines. This trail projected to be open mid-March for riders using a permit process to be managed by MCAS Miramar.
- Trail rehabilitation at Mother Miguel in Chula Vista starting in March, 2017
- Trail Project in partnership with San Diego Canyonlands and the San Diego Urban Corps for Chollas Creek Trail. Work days scheduled for February 4 and February 11, 2017.
- Implementing our three year Strategic Plan and forming solid committees for a stronger organization
- Working with the County of San Diego to develop a Bike Park
- Participating in the process to finalize the Mission Trails Regional Park Master Plan
- Our top priority always is advocating for more legal trails in San Diego County!
We are at the tipping point and your contribution is critical to advance Mountain Biking Access! We will send some cool SDMBA swag your way for the following levels.
- $1000+ – 2017 Archipelago Ride Entry (4/8/2017), SDMBA Jersey, SDMBA Socks, SDMBA Timber Bike Bell
- $500 – $999 – SDMBA Jersey, SDMBA Socks, SDMBA Timber Bike Bell
- $100-499 – SDMBA Socks, SDMBA Timber Bike Bell
- $50-99 – SDMBA Socks
*If you prefer not to receive any of these incentives, let us know and 100% of your donation will go to work for trail access and other programs. All incentives are available as long as supplies last.
To arrange a donation off-line or to discuss other options for support such as donations of stock, please contact Susie Murphy at email@example.com
Your gift is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. The tax deduction is limited to the excess of the contribution over the fair market value of any items received in exchange for the donation. (Federal Tax ID #20-1701837)
Unless otherwise requested all donations go into the general fund. The general fund is used to run the organization, for general advocacy work, purchase tools and equipment for trail work, and other expenses the organization might incur.
Donate to a Program!
Our five program areas benefit from the support of individuals, trusts, corporate and non-corporate sponsorship. Your contributions help keep our goals within our reach! Find out about our programs. If you would your donation to go to a specific program, please include that in the Special Instructions section during checkout.