These events are FUN and SATISFYING! Do your part for the trails and feel great about working for a worthy cause. Each event is sponsored and great swag will be given away to some lucky participants.
In addition, as a SDMBA member, very time you participate your hours are recorded. The member with the most volunteer hours in a given year will be awarded a Turner Frame of their choice It could be yours.
When and how long:
Most events include about 4 hours of trail work in the morning, followed by swag giveaway.
What to wear:
Bring long pants, work or garden gloves and sturdy footwear.
What to expect:
- You are going to do just fine and you will have a good time. You will probably finish feeling pleasantly tired.
- Trail work events run for four hours, typically 8 a.m. until noon.
- Wear sturdy, comfortable footwear. Bring water and a snack.
- Bring work gloves, sunglasses, sunscreen, wear a hat and youll probably be more comfortable in long sleeves and long pants
- Expert training and supervision will be provided.
- You will benefit from doing at least one session of trail work. You will see how much work goes into building or repairing a small section of trail. Of course, the next time you use the section of trail that you improved you will be able to say, "Hey, I made this trail better!"
What to know about trail work:
Check the International Mountain Bicycling Association's (IMBA) website for more information but the two basic trail building rules are:
- Get water off the trail
- Keep people on the trail