San Diego County Bike Parks
SDMBA promotes the sport of cycling for all people of all ages and skills. We believe that one of the best places to do this is at a Bike Skills Park. These next generation parks are popping up all around the country with great success. Bike Skills Parks promote a healthy, active lifestyle and create a vibrant community hub. SDMBA advocates have worked for over a decade to bring bike parks to San Diego County! This hard work is finally starting to pay off.
Sweetwater Bike ParkThe Sweetwater Bike Park opened on January 4, 2020 with over 1000 riders in attendance. Two public community meetings were held in early 2018 to gather input from the public on this project. The conceptual design has been completed by KTUA and the contract has been awarded to S&B Engineering who will manage the build, and Schneider Grading lent their artistry to the major elements of the park including 2 flow trails, 3 pump tracks, and 3 progressive jump lines.
The park is FREE and is open daily from 9:30 a.m. until sunset weather permitting. Park will be closed after rain events.
Follow the Sweetwater Bike Park Facebook page for updates.
Sponsorship opportunities are available as well as signage and naming considerations. Contact ExecutiveDirector@sdmba.com for more information.
SDMBA has committed to raising $10,000 annually to support a part-time County staff position to assist with Bike Park operations. You can contribute directly to that effort HERE.
SDMBA is currently working in cooperation with the County of San Diego to bring similar facilities to the County.
Other bike park updates:
- Pacific Highlands Ranch Pumptrack opened in mid 2019 built by Pardee Homes and now managed by the City of San Diego. This is a concrete surfaced facility with two progressive pumptracks.
- Otay Valley Bike Park: The County of San Diego is actively working on plans with HilRide for a small bike park in the Otay Valley Regional Park in partnership with the City of Chula Vista and the City of San Diego
- The County is working to identify appropriate bike park sites in East and North Counties.
- SDMBA is actively supporting development of bike parks to the City of Carlsbad, the City of San Marcos, and the City of Escondido.
- Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center as part of Chula Vista BMX operated by Tyler Brown has a small pump track and progressive jump lines. Open limited hours so please check their hours of operation before visiting.