City of Carlsbad
Carlsbad offers many multi-use trails. The most popular trails for mountain biking include Lake Calavera, managed by the City of Carlsbad and Rancho La Costa Preserve, managed by the Center for Natural Lands Management. There are other trails and community pathways linking parts of Carlsbad together.
The Lake Calavera area offers about 9 miles of singletrack and routes along the small lake.
Rancho La Costa Preserve offers challenging trails that lead to the top of Denk Mountain offering great views to the ocean.
- Primary Trail Type: Cross-Country
- E-Bikes Allowed: YES, Class 1 and 2 permitted on city trails. Not permitted at La Costa
- Suggested route: Lake Calavera Loop - 5 miles, 462 feet of elevation gain
- Land Status: City Managed/Preserve Management
- Land Manager: City of Carlsbad
- Lake Calavera Trails Webpage
- Rancho La Costa Preserve Webpage (additional routes)
- Rancho La Costa Preserve Top Rides - SDMBA.com
- City of Carlsbad Trails Webpage