Mission Trails Regional Park
Mission Trails is a large regional open space park located near Santee with easy access from many points. Most of the trails are doubletrack or fire road, but the singletrack to be found is good quality. Don't miss the long downhill stretch of E-Ticket (Upper and Lower) and S-Curves, the standout trails in the area. Because of the steep topography, it's a good area to build climbing endurance.
Also part of the Park is nearby Cowles Mountain, which includes the epic descent of Cowles Mountain Backside (Big Rock DH).
The trails are very busy with hikers and other bikers, especially on weekends, so watch your speed. A bell is a good idea here. Avoid the restricted area north of the 52 Freeway as it goes through private property and leads to Marine Corps Air Station property, which includes a live firing range and is off-limits to the public.
- Primary Trail Type: Cross-Country
- E-Bikes Allowed: YES, Class 1 and 2 only
- Suggested route: Omission Trails - 8.4 miles, 1401 feet of elevation gain
- Land Status: City Managed
- Land Manager: City Of San Diego
- Mission Trails Regional Park Webpage
- Mission Trails Regional Park Map