City of San Marcos
San Marcos features 72+ miles of existing trails that are great for hiking, biking, running, equestrian use & more. Families and beginners could explore the wide trails around Discovery Lake. Head up to the ridge line trails for more challenges and great views.
Connections can be made from San Elijo Hills to La Costa Preserve and south towards Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve for those looking for more mileage.
Class 1&2 e-bikes are permitted on City trails with the exception of trails surrounding Walnut Grove Park and Highlands areas. Please see the maps for areas where e-bikes are NOT approved.
- Primary Trail Type: Cross-Country
- E-Bikes Allowed: YES, Class 1 and 2 permitted on most trails
- Suggested route: SEH It Ain't So - 5.6 miles, 939 feet of elevation gain
- Land Status: City Managed
- Land Manager: City of San Marcos
- City of San Marcos Outdoor Adventures Webpage
- City of San Marcos Interactive Trail Map
- City of San Marcos Trail Rules and Guidelines